Full notes are available by downloading: David Ernst – Evaluations
Main Outcomes of the study:
- On a 1-7 scale, there were more 1,2,3 and 7s for online evals than paper in EVERY question.
- 21% less people completed online assessments
- The averages of the 1-7 ratings were similar between the online and paper even though the online was more polar.
- Online DID reduce cost, better accessibility and increase students perception of anonymity
- Past research supports that online open-ended questions had larger responses than in a paper format.